Conditions of loan:
1) Material from the Library is normally available for loan only to members in the United Kingdom. Scans may be requested and will be supplied within reason.
2) Books and other materials will normally be lent for a period of four weeks which may be extended if the item is not required by another member.
3) There is no charge for borrowing, but postage costs in both directions will be at the expense of the borrower. The FPHS reserves the right to send rare or expensive books by any appropriate means which may include registered, signed for or special delivery, depending on current Post Office practice. As a minimum, a Certificate of Postage must be obtained when returning books, and the Librarian must be advised by e-mail or telephone of date of posting within 24 hours of material having been posted for return.
4) The Librarian does not maintain a "float", and funds outward postage himself. Loans are made on condition of the refund of costs incurred in despatching loans. Small amounts may be re-imbursed to the Librarian in current mint postage stamps. Cheques in payment should be made out to “R BERRY".
5) All loans being returned must be securely packed in appropriate packaging.
6) Photocopying of books is not permitted unless prior agreement of the Librarian has been received. This is to protect the author's copyright, and to prevent damage to items by bending.
7) Communication with the Librarian concerning loans should preferably be by e-mail via this link.
8) The Librarian will do his utmost to provide accurate information about material in the Library, but it should be remembered that much of the material is outside the Librarian's scope of collecting interests."
The library can be viewed by category as follows: Select either Authors, Topic or Country from the menu on the right.